06/04/2010

Very few Italian kids are born in these days

Today my teacher was off sick so my group was placed in the most advanced class for a day. The whole day we had to read, discuss and write about what political problems Italy is facing today. Jezez, we could go on forever; economical probs, unemployment, immigrants, rasism, too many high educated, no babies are born etc etc Very interesting and I learned a lot but very tiring to discuss such important subjects in Italian, because obvisouly I had lots to say about it.... Now my brain is dead.

What mostly interested me was the fact that Italy is the country were less kids are born in the whole world. According my teacher its because the italian girls choose a career before kids. They have 9 months maturnity leave here and also the family normally helps out a lot so I don't see the point. But I was told the italian girls gets married quite young but that's enough, marrage but no kids. When I think about it the banker girls I was out with for dinner last weekend said they are looking for the love of their life but they don't want kids.... Seems like the Italians are in danger of becoming extinct???

Now I just came home, need to get change and then I go for "aperitivo dinner" with another swedish blogger who lives here in Milano :)

Xoxo
Sent from my Nokia E71 mobile phone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...