06/04/2010

Talkative Italians

In Sweden I always complained people are so reserved and sometimes a bit cold. If you suddenly start talking to a stranger on the tube they would most probably think you're wierd.

When living in Bologna I just loved the fact that friendly people would start talking to you absolutely everywhere.... Old men on the piazzas, young girls in the stores, old women on the bus etc

After deciding I would move to /Italy, but before I choose which city some people told me that the people in Milano are less open minded than in the rest of Italy. In Milano they would never start talking to you just like that on the street.... Yea right... It happens to me every single day. Obviously sometimes it annoys me but most of the time I love it.

Tonight I went for aperitivo with Ida, a Swedish girl who lives here in Milano that I've been in contact with online for a while. We went out for a drink to talk and to get to know eachother... As soon as we came to the bar someone started talking to us. We sat down at a table and managed to talk for maybe 10 minutes and then two guys comes up and decided to join our table. When they left we managed to talk another 5 minutes before three a bit older men sitting at the table next to us starts talking to us too. Incredible! It was a nice and interesting evening. Didn't get to know Ida very well but we're both here in Milano to stay so we got plenty of time for that later on :)

Time to sleep. Buona notte.
Xoxo
Sent from my Nokia E71 mobile phone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...