26/11/2010

You speak English and I answer you in Italian!

Yesterday after work I went out for dinner in Brera with Veronica and afterwards we went to n'ombra de vin with her boyfriend Gabrielle and his friend Ale.

Veronica and I know eachother from Rinascente where we obviously speak Italian all day long so also when we go out we speak Italian. But she met her boyfriend speaking only English and even if she now speaks perfecly Italian she still speaks to him in English and he answers in Italian, exactly like I used to do with my dad and with my ex... and I still do with Luisa and Valentina - people I got to know in London.

The funny thing was that when Veronica's boyfriend arrived she started to speak English also with me but I answered in Italian. Which is absolutely the other way around from what I'm used to.

n'ombra de vin
Veronica and I
Gabrielle and Veronica

Isn't it wierd how you get used to speak to a person in one language and then it's impossible to change and start speaking in another language to that same person. I'm swapping in between English, Italian and Swedish on a daily bases without any major problems but to some people I am just able to speak for example English, to others in Swedish and now also Italian to some.

I thought I was strange doing this but now I know it's perfectly normal! :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...