12/11/2010

That's What Friends Are For!



Dionne Warwick & Stevie Wonder -That's what friends are for

And I never thought I'd feel this way
And as far as I'm concerned
I'm glad I got the chance to say
That I do believe I love you

And if I should ever go away
Well, then close your eyes and try to feel
The way we do today
And then if you can remember

Keep smilin', keep shinin'
Knowin' you can always count on me, for sure
That's what friends are for
For good times and bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what friends are for

Well, you came and opened me
And now there's so much more I see
And so by the way I thank you

Whoa, and then for the times when we're apart
Well, then close your eyes and know
These words are comin' from my heart
And then if you can remember, oh

Keep smiling, keep shining
Knowing you can always count on me, for sure
That's what friends are for
In good times, in bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
Oh, that's what friends are for

Whoa... oh... oh... keep smilin', keep shinin'
Knowin' you can always count on me, for sure
That's what friends are for
For good times and bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what friends are for

Keep smilin', keep shinin'
Knowin' you can always count on me, oh, for sure
'Cause I tell you that's what friends are for
For good times and for bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what friends are for (That's what friends are for)

On me, for sure
That's what friends are for
Keep smilin', keep shinin'
- - - - -

Francesca asked about this song some time ago and today when I remembered to turn it on I get all warm inside... friends! One of the most important elements of my life...

J-A keeps coming with his negative and sarcastoc comments on this blog and in e-mails about me having too many friends and getting to know too many people. I know some people might think I'm strange because I'm always out in the evenings and almost never stays home resting like "normal" people do on mid-week days. But that's me, I've always been like that and I must say I'm honestly extremly happy for all the people I've got to know in my life - everyone have brought something extra into my life and I wouldn't change my life style even if I could.

Then it's clear... I've just been in Milan 7 months and all these people you might see on the pictures are not what I call true friends. I might have lots of people I can call if I wanna go out dancing, go for a drink or go to the cinema and I don't even have time to see everyone who's asking me to go out with them. But that's just people I got to know now, not people that I call real friends. True friends I could call if I really needed someone are just a few here in Milan... maybe 2-3 people. But I guess that's normal? It takes a while to really get to know someone, to see who you can trust and who's really caring about you.

I have fantastic friends in both Stockholm, London and in Milan and many times I wish I could divide myself into 2-3 pieces to be able to be with everyone at the same time. However, I guess and I hope whoever I call my true friend know's that and this song is for you!

xoxo

7 comments:

  1. You can never have too many friends! You are amazing being able to get to know so many new people all the time and whoever is complaining about it is just jealous on your people skills. Keep going strong. I miss your beautiful smile here in London though. Come back soon.
    /E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Söta du! Tack för att du finns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jag har också många vänner o det betyder mycket för mig. Igår t ex träffade jag Lisa. Vi började med en lunch i Kungsan, terrakottasoldaterna på Östasiatiska och avslutade med en 3-tim fika på Bibloteksg, alltså en toppendag.

    Även din mormor hade många väninnor så det har gått i arv (:(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vi ses på söndag, skall jag beställa bord?

    Storstor kram :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fina Maria, det var fint skrivet. Saknar dig jättemycket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I am honoured to be mentioned in ur blog, mohaha.

    Didnt mean to criticize u. I know its a great skill to be able to get to know new people as easy as u do but I still think its strange that u got the energy and something thats motivates u to do it. Well ur strange, maybe I should accept that. Mohaha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...