04/02/2013

Learn dance choreography easier


When I started my Monday fitness dance course over a year ago I was a real retard that couldn't manage to pick up a single combination. That was because I had more than a year I didn't do choreography dancing at all and I lost the spirit of it. My last two years in London my only training was different kinds of dancing at the lovely Dance works studio (plus the boxing) and at the time I was good but it is so easy to forget and after more than a year of not practicing I lost it all...

However, slowly slowly I got better. I didn't give up, that was the most important thing. Each Monday I got back, I was standing in the back as I was ashamed of how bad I was but then one day (after few months) I realized I actually was as good as most of the other ones and I started to move forward in the room. Now, after almost 18 months that I am doing it, I am asked to stand in the front as I am one of those that picks up the routine quickest.

The only way of getting better in picking up choreography is to attend a dancing class on a regular basis. It help you get to know your body and your brain, and slowly believe it or not, everyone will get better. A good plan is to start with a simple aerobics class with just few combinations and then move up among the levels. A good thing is to attend the same class over and over again as you will learn the teacher's style which makes it easier to understand what moves will come up next...

I know my Monday dance class quite well now. Sometimes is harder and sometimes it's easier but I am familiar with the standard moves the instructor uses and I can often get one step ahead and know  is next to come.

Tomorrow I am off to a totally new dance class with Silvia. I know I gonna be a big shame but I am looking forward to it anyway. It is some kind of latino dance and I hope I will like it.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. JA MEN GUUUU JAAA!!!JA HADE OXA JATTE PROBLEM I BORJAN OCH NU AR DET JATTE LATT OCH SA HIMLA KUL!!!
    DANCEWORKS AR BAST I VARLDEN. TACK VARE DIG HITTADE JAG DET!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...