06/02/2013

My first Samba lession ever



Jezez crist. Yesterday Silvia and I went for our first "latino style dance class" at Virgin. I was thinking it would be like a fitness class with latino music. Doooh. I was wrong. At least yesterday it was nothing like that. It was a pure samba dancing class learning the basics in Samba.

The teacher is a Brazilian guy with impressive dancing skills. He´s able to move like he was made of some kind of soft plastic and I felt like a piece of wood looking first at him and then at myself. With all the dancing I have done in my like I feel I should be quite alright in whatever dancing style I try but yesterday I realized that that is not the case. I was crap.

Samba is a Brazilian dance with roots from Rio de Janeiro. It is famous world wide as the symbol of the Brazilian Carnival. There is a whole culture around samba including different dance variaties, food, parties and amazing clothes/customs.

Samba for me is too quick. Too energetic. And too much moving/rolling the bum that I am not able to do. But it is fascinating and for sure lots of fun.

Now I now I will have every Tuesday booked for the next four months as I will need lots of practice of these latino dance styles. I want to learn! I can´t be impossible? Thinking about it my friend I was out eating sushi with this Sunday is a professional samba ballerina... maybe she can give me some hints and tricks? If there are any? Or maybe it is just pure skills...

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. coooooooooooooooooooool!!! samba har jag aldrig testat verkar sa himla coolt. men de kan ju skaka rumpan like no others :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej Maria. Vilken energibomb du är, alltid öppen för nya äventyr. Samba låter väldigt svårt, vi Svenskar har det ju inte riktigt i blodet som Brasilianskorna. Kul att testa i alla fall.
    Kram

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...