24/02/2013

Grease musical in Milano







Grease lightning! :-)

It's the first time I go and see a musical in Milan. I saw so many during my years in London, the capital of musicals, that I haven't been interested to check them out in Milan. Bad move from my side. Yesterday I went and I so much enjoyed it.

I struggled to arrive to the theater because of the snow (yes, we still have snow in Milan, sigh) so I arrived in a very bad mood. I got a tall man in front of me so I got even more upset but then the show started and the happiness just flew over the whole public. People sang, danced and clapped their hands throughout the whole show just like they do in London. And the grease gang was great, fantastic voices!

Then... the whole show was in Italian. All the grease songs I know by heart in English was in Italian. In the summer night song they didn't sing "Tell me more, tell me more Was it love at first sight? Tell me more, tell me more Did she put a fight?" but they sang "Dimmi dai, dimmi dai, Quanto hai speso per te? Dimmi dai, dimmi dai, Le hai parlato di me?".

It was like I went to see "The sex and the city movie" at the cinema when I just arrived in Italy. Carrie talking in Italian was the most weirdest thing ever. Equally strange was it to see Danny and Sandy talking and singing in Italian. But after few minutes I got used to it and even if I knew the story it was like seeing a completely different show seeing Grease in Italian.

Now I wanna see more musicals in Italian!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. jaa i sverige sjunger de pa svenska, låter förjävligt men så är det

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...