06/08/2012

Tourist information - Isola d'Elba






Mixed pictures from Portoferraio and the ferry on our way home...
I guess you readers are kind of tired of my pictures and stories from Isola d'Elba but the reason I have added one place at the time was because I saw how appreciated the five posts from Cinque terre last years has been during this year. I guess my posts are coming up on google when people search for information for specific places in Italy in English and that is why I have so many clicks and gets to many e-mails/questions about them.

In this final post about Elba I just wanted to write quickly some of my thoughts about the island.

As you have seen from the pictures Elba is an absolutely fantastic and beautiful island. The nature is amazing and the sea coats are the some of the nicest I have ever seen. Totally transparent, clean and clear blue water that you just can´t wait to get into. Also the nature amazing and the air really nice and clean to breath.

Elba is not only a place for for sun bathing and swimming holiday guests but it is also very nice for diving, snorkeling, biking, hiking and horse riding. We did lots of snorkeling but if I would had been staying longer I am sure I would had been going for a long ride in the fascinating woods too. Also biking attracted me but it has to be added that the roads are slightly dangerous for scooters, motor bikes and obviously also for bikes. The roads are thin and curvy and I felt slightly scared to go by car and I said no to hiring a scooter so I can not image taking on a bike on those roads.

For me the holiday at Isola d'Elba was perfect. Staying two weeks instead of one might had been a bit more relaxing but I enjoyed it as much as I did because we constantly had different things to do and lots of places to visit. I am not a person that wants to spend a whole week just at the same beach doing nothing so having a whole island to go around was perfect for me. But, it wasn't easy! Getting up early in the mornings to get away, finding parking spaces everywhere, walking up and down on the hills and rocks and being constantly under the boiling sun are things I appreciate now when I am young and full of energy but I would not say it a place to go for neither pensioners or families with small kids. Instead I would highly recommend Elba for all active and nature loving people. I felt in love with this small and beautiful island that had surprises for us behind every corner and I would love to go back. But before going back to Elba I would like to visit Lampedusa, Sardegna, Isole Eolie, Calabria and Puglia which are all other amazing places Italy offers that I still haven't seen.

Read more about the places I visited by clicking on the links below:
Sand beaches:
- Marina del Campo
- Lancona
- Cavoli
- Fetovaia
- Seccheto
- Biodola & Scaglieri beaches
- Procchio
- Innamorata beach

Stone beaches and rocks:
- San't Andrea beach and rocks
- Capo Bianco
- Le Piscine


Villages:
- Marina del Campo
- Porto Azzurro
- Capoliveri


View Larger Map
 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...