27/08/2012

I am back from Bolzano





As you guys might have noticed I am traveling around seeing different places every weekend since beginning of June. The weather has been constantly good and I don't see any reasons for not getting away in the weekends if I can. However, apart from two weekends in Rome (one in July with my dad and one in August with my friend Cicci) it has always been weekends at the sea side or by the lakes. But this weekend I tried something different. I got up in the alps in north east of Italy, to Bolzano and the area around it.

It is a place very different from the Italy I am used to. Actually for me it felt more like being in Sweden than in Italy. It was very nice, organized and clean. People are, like in Sweden, living a very healthy life style eating well and exercising a lot. Wherever we went people were out trekking, running or on their bikes. I can add that Bolzano normally gets on the top rank for being the city in Italy with highest quality of life and I can see why...

In the end I only spent the first evening in Bolzano town (see pics above), the rest of the weekend we were around in the mountains and we also did a little trip to Merano, another town similar to Bolzano. As most people I met (and also at the TV and on the radio) spoke in German (as most people do up there) it actually felt like being abroad.

This must have been the healthiest and also the most relaxing weekend I have done this summer. I have slept a lot, walked a lot, been breathing extremely fresh and clean air and have eaten nice and healthy all the time.


Here you see some of the typical products I brought with me back bought from the farmers outside Bolzano. Mountain forest honey, mountain blue berry jam, elder flower drink and multi grain bread. Except from the kind of special kind of honey I could had found the same (at least very similar) things also up in Sweden :)

Obviously more pics will be added in the next coming days...

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Hej. Låter som en underbar helg! Jag skulle väl egentligen alltid söka mig till havet och inte till bergen om jag hade turen att bo i södra Europa men klart att det kan vara kul med lite variation:)
    Kramar från ett höst-Stockholm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds cool. Never been in Sweden nor the Italian alps but must be an experience for life. Looks like it was quite warm too as night time you are such lightly dressed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice... ma che belle che siete<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice bild pa dej tjejen!!! ser ut som du har ett spok slott i bakgrunden hihihi :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bread just look Yumsville.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...