07/08/2012

Fantastic weekend in Firenze



























Sorry for bad picture quality, my MAC at home cant handle pictires in raw format....

After seven amazing days at Isola d'Elba our time was gone and we had to go back to the mainland. I was sad and did absolutely fancy going back home so then Torri came with the brilliant idea to stop somewhere on our way home and spend Saturday and Sunday there instead of back in Milan. After some thoughts about the Tuscany thoughts we changed our minds and decided to go to Florence. Torri had never been (what kind of Italian is that?) and I have been just twice and it was many years ago. I remembered Florence as a beautiful but very dirty city....

This time I found Florence completely different. It was clean, well organized and even more beautiful than I remembered it. So romantic! And the weather/temperature was perfect. We arrived in the late afternoon and walked around all afternoon/ evening. Had pizza dinner in a pretty little piazza and later on we stopped at Piazza della Signoria and listened to a beautiful live classical concert. Walked on, had an icecream and looked around at all the nice (expensive) shops and then we went to bed.

The day after we walked all the way up went up to Piazza Michelangelo too see the beautiful view of Firenze. We checked out the famous market (strange enough I didn't buy anything), had lunch in a little trattoria before leaving back to Milan. I felt in love with Florence this time and for a while I asked myself why I live in Milan and not down there but even if Florence is much more beautiful, Milan got so much more and it also has a better location to travel.

Quick comment also for our great Hotel, Hotel Mario's. We were so lucky to find this place in the last second arriving by car to Florence. Great price, perfect location, beautiful hotel rooms and extremely friendly and helpful hotel staff. If I ever go back to Florence I am sure I will go back to Hotel Mario´s again to make my stay in this beautiful city very pleasant and simple.

xoxo

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...