19/12/2010

When the stress is taking over

Working at Rinascente is my first real retail experience.... It started off softly by working for the Givenchy stand hided behind the big DIOR stand - in other words very calm job. Then they changed the position of the counter and put it in the middle of the store and the head office started asking for higher sales results but it was still manageble.

Now it's Christmas time, Rinascente in Duomo in Milan is the biggest, finest and most famous department store in Italy and the amount of people visiting every day is insane. On top of that we're having the head office stressing for sales result so it's not strange we're going mental. My manager is (thanks god) still calm, nice and suportive but my other colleagues are stressing and we reached a point where we're (they) fight for the customers to be able to sell the most.

Today I had enough; stressed and angy, I got pains in y heart, I was close to crying and all I wanted to do was to resign and get out of here but I resisted.

Now I'm on a break and in three hours I finish! Can't wait to go home, put on my pyjama and have a cosy evening with the birthday kid Luisa!

Xoxo
Sent from my Nokia E71 mobile phone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...