14/10/2010

A Swedish evening

So, tonight I went to the Swedish women society meeting! There were about 25 girls/women and most people knew each other from before. As both me and someone else were new we had a short introduction where everyone said some things about themselves. It was so much fun to hear how everyone ended up in Italy and why there are choosing to stay. Most people came here for love, few for work or studies but I was the only one coming here for no reason :p The ages were everything from 20 years old students to 70 year old women moving here like 40-50 years ago.

The evening started with what they called "the book club", some peope brough with them Swedish books and recommended and borrowed them to others. Afterwards a fantastic Swedish woman had a presentation about herself, her career history and about women and leadership in Italy. Very interesting!

I didn't got to know anyone special but talked a bit with some nice people. For sure I gonna meet up with them again and I will join the SWEA society 2011.

Now time to sleep, in my own bed, yeay!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...