10/05/2013

Little Bee by Chris Cleave


One of the best books I have read in a very long time. One day was a book that directly hit my heart and the book Little Bee did as well.

It is a tragic story but characters are lovable and the book is written with elegance and humor.

An important topic in the book is how the United Kingdom treats people fleeing violence in other countries. I don't say that other countries are better, I actually don't know much about how it works in neither Sweden or Italy but I happen to know, even before starting reading this book, that UK treats feeing and innocent people in the worst kind of way, worse than murders and other criminals are treated.

This is a truly special book and I would recommend you all to read this book. If possible, read it in English as the Chris Cleave's language and writing style is brilliant. I got the book as a present in Swedish and it was great as well but I would guess it is even better in its original language.

I think the original title is "One other hand" but I have seen that also some of the English books has the title "Little Bee", not really sure why.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...