14/01/2013

A January trip to Rome

Friday night - Steffi picked me up at Ostiense station and we went for dinner at Il Duca in Trastevere area.

Il Duca is a very traditional roman restaurant and we both took a bruschetta as starter followed by a pasta. Stefii ate the popular "cacio e pepe" and I took my favorite "Grincia".
One thing is sure, in Rome you eat well. And the prices are really good.










Saturday - My dad's birthday and I met him up for lunch at Trattoria Vecchia Roma. Once again a delicious pasta meal alla romana. Afterwards we just walked around on the pretty streets of the center of Rome. Saw Colleseum, Fontana di Trevi and Piazza Spagna.












In the evening I attended his birthday dinner with some of his old Childhood friends.











After dinner Stefii picked me up and we went for a cocktail at Caffe Letterale. A kind of alternative place with simple cocktails and nice music.




On Sunday Stefii and I went for brunch - will write about it separately.

After the brunch, as it started to rain, we spend the rest of the afternoon in Eurom2 shopping center. I got myself a massive and warm jumper.

Grazie ROMA for a great weekend!

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Jättemånga fina bilder från Rom och det var skoj att se pappas kompisar. Kram kram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Che belle foto grande Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. earkeyrKul att se Hermes, Rosalba och Paolo! Jättefina bilder!
    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rome is the most beautiful city in this world

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...