26/01/2013

Gym and spa day at Virgin fitness village







Persuaded by Silvia this morning I put my alarm at 08.30, had a really big breakfast and took a 25 minutes morning walk to the Virgin Fitness Village I got in my area (well 25 minutes away) and that I didn't even know about.

This is not a normal gym. It is normal spa. It is a massive fitness/ well being village. It is a three floor enormous building consisted of 4 fitness class rooms, one spinning room, a whole floor for cardio and weights and another floor for the swimming pool and the spa and relax area. I have never seen anything like it in my whole life. For me, a fitness crazy girl, this was like entering in paradise, I spent almost 6 hours inside and we did;

- 20 min cycling (while playing different memory or brain games like soduku.)
- Nike Fusion conditioning class (a high level total body class)
followed by
- Flex Zone class (a slightly harder stretch class)
30 minutes rest with some snacks and fruit
- Body test with a personal trainer (will write about it another time)
- 15 more minutes on the sitting bike (while surfing on the web... this place is amazing, told you)
- 20 lanes swimming
and then finally
- More than one hour in the spa enjoying different types of Jacuzzis, emotional showers, saunas and a relax room with herbal tea.

I felt in love with this place. This is heaven! But it is a very expensive heaven. I would spend more for four months than I do in a year in my other gym. Jezez. But maybe it is worth it anyway? One dinner out less every week and I could easily spend the money on this place. I could dance as much as I want. I could do yoga. Try lots of different kinds of exiting fitness classes. I can swim. I can do aqua fitness classes.  And I can relax in the spa every weekend.

The only negative thing, apart the price, is that it is almost half an hour walk from my place while my present gym is 10 minutes away.

Another kind of different thing is that in this gym most people are very good looking. The fitness instructor looked like a barbie, skinny with perfect abbs and fake boobs. And many of the girls in the dressing room looked the same. Fit and fake barbies. It might be motivating being surrounded by very fit people though, even if I don't really like that the gym becomes a superficial place where I need to think how I look before I go. The gym where I go now is the opposite....

But guess what? I think I will sign up at the barbie gym. Four months of happiness. Gonna think a little more about it....

xoxo

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...