17/01/2013

What is Bikram yoga?


Today I have been to my first Bikram Yoga class in Milan. I have been once before in Stockholm and I thought I would die. But as I am not the kind of person that likes to give up things just after one try I decided to sign up for a 10 course birkam yoga class here in Milan and today was my first class...

Bikram yoga, also called hot yoga, is a yoga class consisted of a series of yoga posses performed in a almost 40 degrees room. Like practising yoga in a sauna. It is proved that heated environments increase your pulse rate and your metabolism. This makes your blood circulation easier and makes you more flexible. Sweating is good and it is important to wear as less clothes as possible to let the body sweat easily.

Like all kinds of yoga bikram yoga is designed to promote mind and body unity. It relive stress and makes your body stronger in a natural way. Practising bikram yoga in a 40 degrees room puts yourself above your normal comfort zone and it surprising realizing how far we can push ourselves for great results.

The yoga lesion today was very similar to the bikram yoga lesion I did in Stockholm so I guess it means it is always more and less the same. The instructor in Stockholm was more soft though. The instructor today was terribly hard. People felt like fainting and he just kept telling us to keep pushing ourselves.

The class ended one and a half hour ago and I feel quite ok. Very tired and some headache but I still feel alive at least. That is more than I did after my first bikram yoga class in Stockholm. 

Hope to go back next week anyway!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. BikramYoga är helt underbart. Jobbigt som fan men om det är någon träningsform som ger omedelbara resultat så är det bikramyoga! Magrutor på mindre än en månad!hoho,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...