31/01/2013

Pub night with Stephanie

 

I remember all my pub night during my four years in London. It was part of almost everyone's lifestyle to go to the pub with friends at least once a twice a week. A social and fun tradition England has since hundreds of years. Sometime you go for just a beer/coke/glass of wine/hot tea, sometimes for dinner, or to watch a game or for the traditional Sunday roast lunch.

However Italy is equally social. It it part of the weekly life of almost everyone living in the bigger cities to go for aperitivos at a bar. It one way it is even better as you get free dinner together with your drink.

But a bar is a bar and a pub is a pub. A bar is trendy. A pub is cosy. And yesterday I realise I actually miss the pub hang a lot. I have Milan's oldest pub "La Matricola" just few steps from my place and I wonder why I don't bring along friends there more often?

Yesterday Steppy and I finished off the left overs from my lasagna dinner the night before and then we went down the pub. So cosy.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Hej Maria. Vad fint skrivet. Publivet i England är känt i hela världen men jag är tveksam om pubbarna här hos oss kan ge samma känsla som de i London. Dom är nog unika. Men jag håller med dig, en pubkväll då och då är riktigt cosy.
    Kram från ett regnigt och kyligt Stockholm

    ReplyDelete
  2. looooooooooooove english puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to an Italian pub. There is one around the corner but I think I've never seen a girl there. So very different from Irish pubs...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...