26/01/2013

Picasso Friday

Picasso Exhibition Milano 2012/2013







Piazza Duomo

Aperitivo at Cheese Cafe'




Tonight was supposed to be my night in. My plan was to go straight home, put on cosy clothes, have dinner and then watch a movie. That was the plan.

On my way home my colleague Aloha convinced me to join her to town to get a dress from Banana Republic. After that I suddenly remembered I had to go to Benetton to get something for my mums dog. After that we realized we were very hungry to we decided to go to Cheese Cafe' for a quick aperitivo. On the way back suddenly the royal castle appended with no queues for the Picasso exhibition - so just had to get in....






Above I have chosen the five art works I liked most of the ones I saw tonight. It is the third time Milano is hosting the massive 250 master piece Picasso works from Paris.

The exhibition was constructed in a way I really liked. It was like a time travel starting from his earliest works until the last ones. The differences of style was evident and the surrealistic ones where the ones that I enjoyed most.

I have never really been a massive fan of art and even less a fan of Picasso, his crazy thoughts and his womanizer life style. But at the same time his paintings is true art immediately when I got to know the exhibition was set up in Milan I decided I had to go. Many of Picasso's paintings or sculptures are for me impossible to understand so I made my own understanding of them, write or wrong I enjoyed it. For some time I also had a free ride a side a guided tour but I felt I was giving too much details that after few paintings I skipped it.

I am happy I was able to see the Picasso exhibition tonight, it was fun and interesting.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Picasso is seriously not my cup of coffee. But did you get the jumper from Benetton for Stella???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did! A red hoodie jumper ;) But I am still looking for a doggy rain coat... where can I find it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Close to my place there are two shops selling them, I saw even a red one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picasso is the best, the one and the only

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...