23/11/2012

Great yoga course

The bridge pose - random pic from internet
Yesterday after work I joined some colleagues for an aperitif in a new bar close to work. Afterwards my colleague brought me with her to her favorite yoga class. It was long time ago I practices yoga in group. My own gym just have yoga classes very early in the morning or very late in the evening so I never attend any of them.

Yesterday's dynamic yoga class was great. The yoga instructor Samuela was really good in explaining and as the group was quite small she even walked around helping us. She helped me pushing myself doing things I never thought I was able to do. For example the above yoga position "the bridge" is a thing I never do, I actually thought I wasn't able but instead she helped me getting up and the first time she was holding me. The second time I did it all by myself and felt so satisfied I managed.

The bridge pose builds up the core and lover body strength. It also very much lengthens and strengthens the back. It is vital to have very strong legs, arms and core to be able to do this position, I kind of have it but I was shaking quite a lot anyway. For whoever having knee or back problems should be careful doing this position!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. We've been postponing it since ever, what about next Wednesday the place close to my house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej Maria. Ja du gillade du yoga så det är klart det är kul när du hittar en bra yogainstruktör. Jag testade birkamyogan du skrev om på Birkagatan, hemsk upplevelse. Eller ska kanske säga att det inte var något för mig. Hehe.
    Kram och trevlig helg

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...