19/04/2013

Pimp your bikram class with some salt and minerals...


 When the body loses too much salt we can experience tiredness, cramping, headaches and nausea.  This can easily happens when a person drinks big amounts of water or participates in activities that cause excessive sweating. 

I am not a person that normally drinks a lot a water but when training I do. And during the day of my bikram session even more. And I normally try to avoid salt in my diet. I have always thought that was good but then I learned it is not. 

Normally I believe the big amount of varied food I am eating would be enough when I go training but I have well learned that it is not when practising bikram as I keep sweating like never before throughout the whole yoga session.

So, yesterday I made myself a drink with extra sea salt, important minerals, vitamins and carbohydrate and I felt so much better after the yoga class than I normally do. 

For the rest the bokram yoga class was as painful and a wonderful as always. I still feel the kind of love and hate feeling against it but every time I go I feel so great afterwards that I would like to go back the day after, like a drug that makes you feel good so you want more of it...

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...