03/02/2011

Thoughts about Milan

(The Navigli area in Milan)

More and less a year ago I took the decision together with my mum that I was moving to Milan. It had been my dream since 5 years before when I did my Erasmus semester in Bologna so when the idea came up while crying in the phone I didn't hesitate to take the decision to leave all I had in London and move to Italy. The next question was where in Italy I should move? I choose between Rome, Bologna and Milan and took the decision to move to Milan as that was the city of the three I didn't know at all... I just thought it would be the city in Italy most similar to London, people told me I was wrong, but I was right.

Milan is always awake! People are alive and everyone are really living their lives to it's maximum. They go out for drinks, aperitivos, dinners, parties more and less every evening - exactly like in London. There are always happenings going in the this fashion capital. The city might not be as international as London or New York but close. I meet foreigners on a daily basis; people who's here for university studies, languages studies, work or just to try their luck in this multicultural city. I must say that people are a bit superficial, posh and maybe a bit too aware of their look but I can admit that now when I'm used to it I kind of like being surrounded by people who's always doing their best to look good. People are not as open minded as in London but I found it very easy to get to know people and meet new friends anyway. The Milanese people are very career minded but I must say they are good ad keep work and private life apart.

Milan offers things for everyone. Culture, fashion, shopping, parties etc etc The food is amazing but the restaurants are a bit expensive. Instead they have the most amazing aperitivos where you pay for a drink and then you eat all you want from fantastic buffets.

Milan is a all season city. It got on average 3 months of winter, 3 months of spring, 4 months of summer and 2 months autumn. Within 30-60 minutes you reach on of the beautiful lakes and within 2 hours you're at the amazing coast or in the Alps.

To be an Italian city it's very clean and well organized. The public transport works well and it's almost always on time.

I love living here! I feel alive, happy and inspired. But I know that the weather would suit me better if I would move more south.... Will write about Rome in the next coming days.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...