17/02/2011

Working at Rinascente


I keep getting impressed of how many girls and guys who's coming by every day to leave their CV's and ask for work possibilities. Everyone wants to work at Rinascente in Duomo! I guess I haven't understood how lucky I was to find a job their without sales experience and without speaking the language. I was first offered a two weeks contract to handle the international customers coming by during the big international furniture fair in April 2010 and then they decided to keep me.

It has been an absolutely great experience working at Rinascente. It's Italy's biggest, fanciest and most famous department store. People comes from all around the world to visit the store and I see the most beautiful and fashionable people on a daily basis.

I love working there mostly because the amazing colleagues. Most people are between 20-40 years old, very social and open minded, good looking and living a life similar to mine. That might have been one of the reason they took me in in the first place - I just fitted perfectly.

To be in Italy the working place is very well organized; we got our own wardrobes where to keep our things. We have a employee restaurant where very nice and cheap food are sold and we can also bring food from home, heat it up and sit in the restaurant eating it. Things that Coin (the other big departmentstore in Milan) and other stores normally don't have.

Well, that's my Rinascente :)

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I love Rinachente, gives me shoppingcravings...

    So did you speak english only in the beginning?

    Hope you had a good day at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea I understood almost all italian but only spoke English. Had to learn quickly though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how the hell did u do? It seems impossible to be. I have tried all way...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...