10/09/2012

Weekend in Imperia, Diano Marina and Cervo

After 5 long days of cold and rainy weather finally the summer weather is back so my boyfriend and I took the opportunity to get away for a weekend at the sea side.

We left on Friday after lunch and went first down to Serravalle outlet to look around for a couple of hours. I was close to buy myself a nice and warm winter jacket but in the end I didn't...  and believe it or not I left Serravalle with empty hands!

Then we went down to Imperia, or actually to fancy "Marina di porto Maurizio" where it was a big summer event. We saw a pirate show out at the sea, had dinner in a pub down the port and then we went to look at some of the world's nicest sailing boats that was there to show up over the weekend. I was highly impressed. I haven't seen that big sailing boats in my whole life... We ended the great evening having a beer (for me a coke) with some friends at another pub that was playing live music on the terrace. Such nice evening.

Sandwich down the sea

Bad pic but just to show the hounders of fishing boats... so pretty!


Maybe hard to see but these wooden sailing boats were massive and so beautiful


On Saturday we stayed all day at the beach in Diano Marina. The sun was shining and we enjoyed a relaxed day doing more and less nothing. In the evening we went with some friends to Imperia for drinks and food.








Funny pic :)



Sunday, yesterday, the best day of the weekend! We got up quite early and went to Cervo, or to some cliffs underneath Cervo.  The water was crystal clear, the sun warm like in July and we just enjoyed it fully. For lunch we decided to get something little extra so we went to a very fancy fish restaurant by the sea and ate a nice Spaghetti with sea food. Then we went back to the hotel, swam for a while in the pool before getting ready for the evening. We packed our things and went down to the center in Diano Marina for a nice aperitivo with friends before heading back to Milan.


Cervo
























The fishes we see when we go snorkeling :)









Oh I wish we could have summer all year around to be able to do this great kind of weekend every week.....

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Che meraviglie, Mari. Grandissima.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so invidious.... The sea, the sun, your swimsuits. But most of all, that spaghetti... My favorite one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOOOOOW!!!! NICE NICE NICE!! I AM SO INVIDIOUS TOOOOOOOO!!!:o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...