19/09/2012

Zumba Fitness


Tonight I went back for my second lesion of Zumba.

Zumba has been a fitness trend for what I know maybe one-two years but even if I am a big fitness fan I haven't tried it until this year.

Not knowing anything about zumba I thought it was some kind of mix of aerobics and latino dance. Don't know where I got it from but I was sure it some like a latino fitness dance. I was wrong!

Zumba is a resistance training practiced with mixed music with fast and slow rhythms. The music can come form the following dance styles; cumbia, salsa, merengue, mambo, flamenco, chachacha, reggaeton, soca, samba, belly dancing, bhangra, hip hop music, axé music and tango. It is not a brain training/coordination course where you need to remember a difficult dance combination, instead you just follow the instructor doing lots of different dance movements - without any logic.

In other words it is just a lot of non stop moves to different kind of music styles for an entire hour. Zumba helps to build strengths, improve motion and posture. It burns lots of calories!

I can't say I have fallen in love with zumba as I have done with the different kinds of fitness danced but I kind of enjoy it anyway. I found myself smiling throughout the whole class which means I had fun and as it is for sure good training I will start doing it from time to time.

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Even though I'm a girl I have a serious problem with these classes. I cannot do any kind of group aerobic activity, like GAG, zumba or any dance class as I'm not able to remember the steps. I just stand there and have no idea how the others can manage. I can install a brand new washing machine but this is like a spaceship for me. Just don't know why....

    ReplyDelete
  2. But zumba are no combinations, you just follow her steps and that's it! :) You should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be joking! After the embarrassment of a GAG class I will never ever go to put myself into this condition :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. pa dance works e det lite dans combis och lite bara ta efter...mkt mkt olika steg, mkt mkt energi och super skoj hihih :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I have never tried Z as I m not good at dancing but if u say it is easy maybe I shall try. It is sush a big trend here in NY

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...