31/12/2011

New Year's Eve - the right movie at the right night



For those who wonder where I have hided the last few days the answer is in the office. I got from my Christmas holidays with loads of working waiting for me so I have been staying late and after work I have just been relaxing at home with my boyfriend or my flatmate Diana.

Yesterday, the night before the big new years eve, I got out of the office just before 8pm and went directly to the cinema to meet my boyfriend, Stefano and Elisa. I wanted to see Geaorge Clooney's new movie but in some kind of way we decided to see "New Year's Eve", a movie with lots of great actors like Robert De Niro, Hally Berry, Zac Efron, Michelle Pfeiffer and my star Sarah Jessica Parker. I thoght it would be a crappy american comedy but instead it turned out to be a very good romantic comedy in style with some of my favourite movies 'Love actually', 'The holiday' etc. New Year's Eve shows love, hope, forgiveness, second chances and fresh starts, where you follow different people's stories though pulse and promise in New York City on the most dazzling night of the year.

Here are some quotes that reminded in my head after the movie and that I therefore would like to share with you today, on New year's eve:

"...It's suspended there to remind us before we pop the champagne and celebrate the New Year, to stop and reflect on the year that has gone by. To remember both our triumphs and our missteps - our promises made, and broken. The times we opened ourselves up to great adventures - or closed ourselves down, for fear of getting hurt. Because that's what New Year's is all about: getting another chance. A chance to forgive, to do better, to do more, to give more, to love more. And stop worrying about 'what if' and start embracing what would be. So when that ball drops at midnight - and it will drop - let's remember to be nice to each other, kind to each other. And not just tonight but all year long."

---

"It only happens once a year: New Year's Eve. It's a time when hopeless can be romantic, and a resolution can become a revelation. And when one night can change everything..."

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...