18/10/2011

First time off sick!


I have to admit it, I'm sick! I have a super cold with blocked nose and irritating coughing and I've spent most of the day in bed. It's the first time since I came to Italy that I take a day of from work for being sick and this morning when I woke up realizing that I just couldn't go to work I didn't know what to do (the procedure for staying home sick) but I learned. 

In Italy when you're off sick you need to go immediately to the doctor who will send a doctor certificate to your company to prove that you sick and how many days you should stay home. When that's done you're paid 100%. I remember that in London I was still paid 100% but I didn't have to go to the doctors until the 5th sick day home. I am not sure how it works in Sweden but I know that you're never paid your first sick day off and from the second day you're paid 80% I think.... Don't know if you need to go and see your doctor for a evidence or not.

Now I gonna eat a warm soup something with my flatmates.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon babe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Sverige behöver du gå till läkare om du är hemma mer än 14 dagar. Då betalar inte arbetsgivaren din sjukersättning utan försäkringskassan.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...