12/01/2012

The winner stands alone

The Winner Stands Alone is a very interesting book that shows the inteligent and educated sides of the great author Paolo Coelho.

The story takes place at the Cannes Film Festival looking deep into the world of film and fashion. Igor, a confused. sad but intelligent and very successful businessman pursues his ex-wife Ewa in the hope of getting her back. Igor believes that he must "destroy other people's worlds" (taking their lives) to win back her affection. At the same time the book features different characters weaved in together in the story, who all serve a function amidst the film festival: producers, actors, designers and supermodels.

I am not sure I liked the actual story itself but it was written in such smart and interesting way that it kept my interest until the last page.

(I read it in Swedish...)

Tonight I have been to the gym, I ate a healthy dinner, had a long bath and finished this book and now I am off to bed early. Me like.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. ...den känner man ju igen :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. trevlig helg sotis :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sv: Verkligen, man borde ju be ngn annan skriva CV:t åt en nästan! Ha ett strålande slut på helgen, tösen!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...