18/01/2012

Burlesque dance

Yesterday evening me, my flatmate Diana and 3 of her friends went for a free course of Burlesque dance. It was fun and interesting and the teacher was very good. She explained that many people believes that Burlesque is a simple striptease but it is absolutely not. It is much more elegant, teasing and artful and that is why it is so hard to learn.

In one hour we more and less tried to learn how to walk in a very elegant way and ow to move our arms, shoulders and hips in a elegant but sensual way. Believe it or not, it was so hard. Tiny little me felt like a heavy elephant in there. My friends are interested to sign up for the whole course but I am not. If I gonna pay for a dance course I wanna move more and I wanna dance to music I like. It was great fun to try but nothing for me!


From Wikipedia: "Burlesque refers to theatrical entertainment of broad and parodic humor, which usually consists of comic skits (and sometimes a striptease). While some authors assert that burlesque is a direct descendant of the Commedia dell'arte, the term 'burlesque' for a parody or comedy of manners appears about the same time as the first appearance of commedia dell'arte."

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Åh vad kul med Burlesque. Jag tycker inte så mycket om dans men just en kurs av Burlesque skulle jag gärna gå på. Känns så speciellt och elegant på något sätt. Kram.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...