10/04/2012

First time at a Bikram Yoga class




Yesterday I tried Birkam yoga for the first time. It was a real experience! For those who doesn't know what it is I can give the quick explanation that it is a yoga class practiced in a 40 degrees heated room.  It is a 90 minute class that consist of 26 poses and 2 breathing exercises. In my opinion the yoga poses wasn't among the hardest yoga poses I know but the very very difficult challenge for me was to stay 90 minutes in that 40 degrees room. I think I have never in my life been sweating as much as I did yesterday and as I hate sweating that was kind of a pain. 

The Bikram Yoga class promotes weight loss, muscle toning, stress relief, vibrant good health and an overall sense of mental and physical well being. I believe it is something you need to do at least 2-3 times before it gives you all those good elements. Yesterday I couldn't really concentrate on the yoga poses as all I could think of was the heat and that I had to stay in there for the all 90 minutes. As there was no clock in the room I also didn't know when we would finish so I could give my all at least the last 10 minutes...  

I don't wanna hide that I stayed home all evening yesterday night with terrible headache but at the same time the body felt more soft and smooth than ever. 

I don't think this was the first and the last time I did it. For me it would be a challenge to go back and do it better... But I can also say I prefere normal yoga where I can concentrate only on the challenge of the yoga poses themselves. Next time I come to Stockholm I think I will go back to DuCalm close to where my mum lives for another bikram yoga class.


Now I am off to the dentist, heeeeelp :(

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...